BOAG is dedicated to a combined commitment to the uniform interpretation of building standards across the state and nation; and to the professional development of Georgia’s code officials has brought about the BOAG’s involvement in the following programs:BOAG Annual Training & Education Conference Each year, BOAG provides a week long training conference packed full of classes to help Georgia’s code officials. The Conference strives to provide an array of different topics of interest to the code industry.
- The event provides numerous opportunities to learn, network, view new products and interact with experts in the construction industry.
- Educational sessions are led by industry and utility experts and qualify for earning CEU credits.
- Vendors are on site during the conference with displays and presentations of the latest electrical, plumbing, HVAC, gas and building products.
- The annual golf tournament offers friendly competition, food, and prizes while interacting with colleagues from across the state.
- Spouses are always welcome at the conference – this year’s events will include special opportunities for those “significant others”!
BOAG continues to be an active participant and partner in course delivery developed by Clayton State College, through an agreement with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
Prior to introducing Certification, the development of code official’s skills and the gauging of practical experience has been difficult initiatives to define and appreciate. BOAG’s Certification Program was instituted to address these problems and to set the minimum education and experience levels needed to perform a code officials duties well. The program, now in its sixth year is recognized by many Municipalities as a method of determining competency levels, and is the expected competency level referenced in the hiring of Building Department staff.