CAA is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Building Inspector for the North Metro Atlanta area.
Responsibilities include conducting field inspections of private and public construction projects', structural, plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical installations, to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and regulations. Issue notices to comply on violations; maintain records of the history of facts for possible legal actions. Maintain files and reports regarding inspection and plan check activities and findings. Additionally, candidates must be experienced with plan check and will be expected to assist at the counter.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in structural building inspection and/or residential combination inspection with additional experience in any of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, mechanical installations and/or inspections; grading and right-of-way construction and/or inspection, working as a lead worker, or in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Building-related national building codes.
• General zoning and land use laws.
• General grading practices.
• Codes and ordinances related to disabled and public access.
• Principles and techniques of building inspection.
• Principles of structural design and engineering mathematics.
• Major types of building construction, materials and methods
• Accepted safety standards and methods of building construction for commercial and residential buildings.
• Pertinent federal state and local laws, codes and regulations.
Charles Abbott Associates, Inc. (CAA) is a contract service provider to state and local government agencies. The expertise we provide to agencies includes the departmental functions of building & safety, city engineering/public works, environmental, and fire prevention. With over 32 years of experience as a firm serving the public sector, CAA has earned respect in the industry for the outstanding service we provide our clients.
For more information about our company, please visit us at www.caaprofessionals.com.