PLANS EXAMINER I (Site Plan Review)
|Job Title||PLANS EXAMINER I|
|Working Title||PLANS EXAMINER I (SITE PLAN REVIEW)|
|Position Information||This position is located in Site Plan Review – Development and Inspections Division of the Community Development Department.
This position will review and approve site plans for individual residential lots regarding floodplain areas, detention ponds, easements, wetlands or buffers as well as check for grading and improvement locations in conjunction with the issuance of building, pool and retaining wall permits.
|Salary||$20.78 - $33.24 per hour|
|Essential Duties||Receives, reviews and analyzes routine building site and construction plans and architectural drawings submitted for permit to determine compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances: reviews and analyzes code compliance of mechanical systems, electrical systems, fire suppression systems, and gas/fuel installations, and related systems; receives applications and coordinates plan reviews for small additions, minor alterations, and repairs or existing structures; approves or rejects construction plans as appropriate; calculates development fees; and forwards permits and approved plans to contractors.
Issues permits for approved building permit applications and Certificates of Occupancies: maintains daily logs of work activities; prepares and scans files; enters information into database; monitors permitting deadlines; and notifies permit holder of renewal requirements.
Provides information and technical assistance concerning code requirements: discusses problem areas with property owners and contractors; makes safety suggestions and recommends solutions to problems; responds to questions or complaints concerning building codes or code violations.
Interprets, administers and enforces the provisions of applicable local, state, and federal building and development codes: researches code-related issues in code books as needed; and initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
Maintains records of all plans review activities: prepares, submits, and files inspection reports, permits, building plans, and other relevant documents.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Hours worked per week (include over time)||40|
|Department Name||Community Development|
|Unit Name||SITE PLAN REVIEW|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Internal or External||External-Open to Public|
|Minimum Qualifications||High School Diploma or GED required, supplemented by vocational or technical training in construction trades, building technology, or related field required; supplemented by five years of progressively responsible experience in construction or code enforcement; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
|Preferred Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and experience in civil engineering, surveying, landscape design and/or construction.
Landscape Architect Registration and/or Arborist Certification preferred but not required. These certifications are required for advancement to Landscape Architect/Arborist positions.
|Physical Requirements||Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.|
|Open Until Filled||Yes
|EEO Statement||Cobb County is an equal opportunity employer.
Cobb County Government does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
|Employment Notice||Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require accommodation to apply for a position. If you need assistance, please contact us at 770-528-2541
Cobb County Government is a smoke-free environment for all employees.
Cobb County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current Cobb County Government employee?
- Yes, I am a Cobb County Government Employee
- No, I am not employed by the Cobb County Government
- * If yes, in what department of Cobb County Government are you currently employed? (Enter N/A if not applicable - This does not include Cobb County School District employees).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Can you, after employment, submit proof of your legal right to work in the United States?
- * Are you 18 years of age or older?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by vocational or technical training in construction trades, building technology, or a related field; supplemented by five years of progressively responsible experience in construction or code enforcement; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job?
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- Some High School
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in construction plan review?
- No experience
- Less than 3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5 or more years
- * Please describe your construction plan review experience in detail. Enter N/A if not applicable. See resume will not be accepted.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you certified as a Plans Examiner by ICC or an equivalent distinction?
- * Do you have a Landscape Architect Registration and/or Arborist Certification?
- I have a Landscape Architect Registration
- I have an Arborist Certification
- I have both
- I do not have a the registration or certification
- * Please list any Class 1 Certifications that you have in any of the trade disciplines. Enter n/a if this does not apply.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to satisfactorily complete the following elements: a criminal background check and a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check. Please note that a criminal conviction may not disqualify you from consideration. Are you willing to accept these terms?
- Yes, I accept these terms.
- No, I do not accept these terms.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter