If you know of any current job openings please email those to firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Douglasville
JOB OPENING ”Senior Building Inspector”
Under the general direction of the Building Official, the Senior Building Inspector position will serve as an assistant to the Building Official and is responsible for the administration of the Inspection Department and for conducting and / or supervising on-site field inspections to ensure that new and existing properties are in compliance with applicable codes.
This position will conduct and supervise field inspections of ongoing construction to ensure compliance with all applicable building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical codes, and other City Ordinances; Conduct and supervise inspections to determine if existing properties are being maintained in compliance with applicable codes; Consult with and respond to inquiries from builders, homeowners, contractors, architects and developers to assure that proposed construction will be in compliance with codes; Supervises and evaluates the performance of all department personnel and review plans and specifications for commercial and residential construction to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
Bachelor's or Associates degree in engineering, architecture or construction management and five (5) years of increasingly responsible field engineering or inspection experience in an administrative capacity, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
International Code Council (ICC) certification as Certified Building Official. Certification in three (3) or more areas (Residential Building Inspection, Commercial Building Inspection, and Building Plans Examiner preferred). Some deficiencies in certification may be considered with obtainment of required certificates within 6 months of appointment.
Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Salary Grade 66 ($41,782 - $53,944 - $66,106)
A background check and pre-employment physical will be required for this position.
Applications are being accepted in the Human Resources Department at Douglasville City Hall, 6695 Church Street, Douglasville, GA 30134. Applications can also be faxed to 770-920-3951 or emailed to email@example.com.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Deputy Building Official
City of Charleston, SC
The City of Charleston is a special and unique city. Rated as the most comprehensive arts festival, Spoleto Festival USA brings an international audience as Charleston and the Festival create an exciting and dramatic event in the spring of each year. Charleston is also the site of other exciting events such as the Family Circle Tennis Tournament.The South Carolina Aquarium provides an opportunity to share the story of the Appalachian watershed. The combination of our unequaled beauty, warm hospitality,and unique public spaces provide a wonderful backdrop for residents and visitors.
Assists in the management of the Inspections Division, and is responsible for overseeing plan review, permit issuance, and inspections for all construction within the City. Assists in the management/supervision of staff. Directly oversees clerical staff for permit issuance. Manages the plan review process. Meets with owners, developers, and contractors to provide code interpretations and requirements for permit issuance. Assists the Chief Building Official with budget management, reports, BOAA agenda, field inspections, etc. Prepares required reports.Performs other duties as assigned. Requires: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent; and sixto eight years of related experience of which at least four must be at the management/supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Driver's License. Must be a Certified Building Official. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word or similar software.Visit our website to apply online:www.charleston-sc.gov/employment
Authorized Hiring Range:$55,424-$65,000 / Year
GET OUT OF THE SNOW!!
GFA International, Inc. is seeking FULL and PART TIME Building Code Inspectors, Plans Examiners, and Building Code Administrators for our Florida operations. Our inspectors conduct multiple-disciplined inspections on residential, commercial, and educational buildings as well as manage specific projects related to these types of code inspections. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing projects in the assigned area.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Perform Code Enforcement and/or Quality Control Inspections
- Perform Building Code Plan Reviews
- Perform Building Code Inspections
- Perform Building Code Administrator duties
- Prepare written and electronic reports and issue notices of correction
- Explain and interpret code and/or quality control regulations or requirements
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Maintain effective customer service relationships with clients and the public
- Assist the inspection management team with business development
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
MININUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Licensed by the State of Florida FS 468 in at least one (1) of the following plan review disciplines: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing**
- Licensed by the State of Florida FS 468 in at least one (1) of the following inspection disciplines: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, 1&2 Family Dwelling**
- Licensed by the State of Florida FS 468 as a Building Code Administrator **
- 5+ years experience performing building and/or MEP inspections
- Experience in managing projects
- High School diploma or equivalent education; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Valid State Drivers License
- Good written and verbal communication skills including legible handwriting
- Candidates must be team players and work well with others.
- Multi-trade certifications are a plus
- Licensed by the State of Florida FS 633 as a fire inspector and/or plans examiner
The hours for this position will vary. Most construction operations are performed on weekdays between 6am and 5pm however occasional night and weekend work should be anticipated.
GFA offers a competitive benefits package and competitive salaries based upon qualifications and experience. We have excellent career advancement opportunities and are looking for a self motivated, goal oriented team player. Relocation assistance is possible for qualified candidates.
**We will provide assistance toward obtaining required state licensure for qualified candidates.
Please forward resume and salary requirements in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.TeamGFA.com