SAFEbuilt continues to grow and thrive in the Greater Atlanta Area, and with growth comes opportunity! We are currently seeking a floating Commercial Combination Inspector to work in our Johns Creek, Milton, and Roswell, Offices. We’d love to discuss with you further all that it means to be part of this growing and dynamic SAFEbuilt Georgia Team.
SAFEbuilt has a 20 year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement.
We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
• Perform field inspections during various stages of construction
• Read and examine plans and specifications when required
• Report violations and maintain files/records
• Perform other related duties as required
• Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology
• Interpretation of codes in the field and ability to provide code compliant solutions
• Must possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
• ICC Residential Combination Inspector Required
• ICC Commercial Inspector Certifications preferred
• 3-5 Years of experience in municipal code inspections
• High School or Equivalent
• Good Driving Record
• Strong Salary and Benefit Package