Combination Plans Examiner
Apply HERE: https://goo.gl/quTWCo
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking experienced Combination Plans Examiners to support their Operations in the Atlanta, GA Area. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly-respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt has seen a 40% increase in municipal contracts and employee growth over the past two years running. 2017 is already shaping up to see similar growth and opportunity. SAFEbuilt partners with over 450 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 600 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
- Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
- Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
- May be required to perform inspections on as needed basis, providing interpretation of codes in the field.
- Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into company software programs.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- ICC Building Plans Examiner, ICC Mechanical Plans Examiner, ICC Electrical Plans Examiner and ICC Plumbing Plans Examiner certifications required
- 3+ years Plan Review experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good driving record.
SALARY RANGE: Competitive compensation package and benefits offered.
Apply HERE: https://goo.gl/quTWCo