The Newton County Board of Commissioner’s is seeking to fill a position vacancy. Those individuals who meet the minimum qualifications required are invited to apply by submitting an application on our website https://munis.ncboc.com/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx. This position will be opened until filled.
Position: Senior Building Inspector/Building Official
Education & Experience:
All candidates to fill a vacant position in this classification must meet the following minimum requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent; and,
• Four to six years of progressively responsible related experience in construction trades, codes
compliance or any related field; or
• Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills,
and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certification:
• Valid State Driver’s License with acceptable motor vehicle record. Please submit a current (Less than 90 days old) 3 year motor vehicle report. Certified copy only.
• NPDES Certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
• International Code Council (ICC) certification as Certified Building Official. Certification in the following
three (3) areas: (Residential Building Inspection, Commercial Building Inspection, and Building Plans Examiner). Some deficiencies in certification may be considered with obtainment of required certificates within 12 months of employment.
Performs technical work in the inspection of building plans and construction for compliance with all applicable ordinances and standards. Coordinates and provides guidance and supervision to Building Inspectors. For a complete job description, please visit our website.
Salary: $20.15 per hour Closing Date: Open until filled
In order to be considered, please submit an application online at our website:
You may also submit an application in person at the address listed below.
Human Resources 1113 Usher Street, Ste. 203 Covington, GA 30014
678-625-1200 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Official – Newton County