Clark Patterson Lee is seeking a qualified Building Inspector to supplement our current Georgia municipal services staff. This position is needed to address a continuously growing workload and an outlook for several large scale multi-year projects. The Building Inspector position is responsible for the residential and commercial construction sites for compliance with the adopted building, erosion control and zoning codes. Essential duties for this position include: Performing field inspection of residential and commercial structures; Completing reports, forms, and citations and recording information in the department databases; Assisting developers, contactors and customers with questions, complaints, and concerns regarding compliance and corrective actions; Responding to inquiries from contractors and citizens; Performing miscellaneous duties.
- High School diploma, or E.D.
- Six years of construction or trades experience to include one year of code enforcement/inspection experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- NPDES Level 1-B Erosion Official certification (or must be obtained within 6 months of employment)
- Appropriate ICC residential and commercial certifications
- Excellent Customer Service and Organizational skills
- Proficient in basic computer software applications
- Possession of an appropriate, valid Georgia driver's license is required at time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
- A medical examination will be required prior to appointment.
- Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check, which may include employment verification, a DMV record check, and a criminal history check. Any information obtained will be used to determine eligibility for employment in accordance with the law.
Salary & Benefits
CPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, salary history, references, and cover letter via email to Stephanie Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes will not be accepted if sent by fax. No calls please.