SAFEbuilt is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support front counter Permit Technicians and Building Department staff in one our municipal offices. This position serves as key office personnel who interact on a daily basis with the public, city employees, inspectors, plans examiners and the building official. Customer service, organization, detail oriented and multitasking is a must.
SAFEbuilt has a 20 year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Service, Improvement, Respect and Teamwork.
We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
Apply HERE: https://goo.gl/a5yRRg
- Interfacing with all customers to service their building department related needs.
- Issuing and/or tracking permits through the permitting process, beginning with application acceptance, plan review, inspections and permit closure.
- Establishing and maintaining systems to ensure that all files, letters, reference manuals, field inspection reports, permit files, blueprints, drawings, and other data or material is maintained in an organized fashion.
- Working with plans examiners and inspectors throughout the company to develop and ensure consistent processes.
- Possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele.
- Good time management, organization, telephone, attention to detail, and people skills.
- Must be able to perform multi-task operations with frequent interruptions.
- Perform a variety of duties requiring use of independent judgment and technical knowledge.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills and permitting software experience are a must.
CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ICC Permit Technician and other certifications are a bonus
- 2+ years municipal experience in permitting preferred
Salary Range: Competitive Salary and Strong Benefit Package